Narrow Results by:
For optimal performance, connect the device to your Wi-Fi network and have it sync to the Cloud over night. The initial sync on your device will take about 8 hours, subsequent syncing can be as short as just a couple of minutes if syncing the device is done daily. To ensure your device provides you with the latest in Yelp and Foursquare reviews and displays the most up to date Gas prices sync your device often.
The most common reasons are you do not have network access using Wi-Fi or your device is not registered. Make sure that your device is registered using SmartGPS Eco and is connected to a Wi-Fi network (Settings > Wi-Fi). If not connected, tap on the desired "Connect" button and follow the instructions for connecting. Once connected, the device will begin syncing content from your SmartGPS Eco account.
Tap Go To, enter the initial route, from the map screen Tap on My Route, Tap on Edit, Tap on the + icon, Tap on the list you would like to enter the next destion from and add the address, if you wish to add more destinations repeat the previous 2 steps, when you are done entering destinations you can tap on Optimize to arrange the trip based on routing method chosen, Tap on Go
Every time your Magellan SmartGPS connects to a Wi-Fi network it will check with SmartGPS Eco to determine if new information is available. When new content is available it will be downloaded to the Magellan SmartGPS.
You will be notified on your device whenever a software update is available. You can update your device using SmartGPS Eco or in most cases, automatically on the device when you have a Wi-Fi connection.
When the device notifies you of an available software update and you choose not to do it at that time you can still update your device using Wi-Fi. Connect to a Wi-Fi network and access Settings > General. If there is an update available, "Software Update" will be active at the top of the display. Tap to begin the update.
Log on to SmartGPS Eco. If you do not have a Magellan account, Click on Sign Up! and create one. Your www.magellangps.com account and your www.smartgpseco.com account are the same.
1. Once logged in a message will appear informing you to connect your SmartGPS to your computer and a second message will tell you to "install the browser to device plug in".
2. Use the Update tab and install the Browser update before continuing. Click "Download" to begin downloading the browser plug-in. The file is saved to a temporary folder.
3. After the download is complete, double-click on the file icon. A "run" a message will appears, click 'Run'.
4. Close all browsers when prompted.
5. Agree to the user license and follow the instructions to complete the update.
6. Select "Finish" when the update is complete. Open your browser and go to SmartGPS Eco. You will need to log in again.
7. Reconnect your SmartGPS to your computer. The message "Your device has been successfully registered" will appear within a few moments.
From the map screen: My Places > Recent (To access your recent destinations) > select previous destination > Move > Contacts > New Contact > type in desired name > Save. The destination is now saved in your Address Book under Contacts.
The Model and Serial numbers can be found in two places:
1. The Model and Serial Number can be found on the rating label located on the back of the device.
2. Model and Serial number can be found by: Tap Setting icon, tap General Settings, scroll and tap on Product Information. The serial number and model number is displayed. (The model number requires that you scroll down the page.)
The premium PhantomALERTs will be automatically sent to your device when connected to a Wi-Fi network.
Note: Register your SmartGPS using SmartGPS Eco first or the Premium Alert data will not sync via WIFI. You can access SmartGPS Eco by clicking
1. Go to SmartGPS Eco and log into your account. It is the same account as on www.magellangps.com.
2. Make sure your SmartGPS is fully charged.
3. Connect your device to your computer with a USB cable. If it doesn't turn on automatically, turn it on. The SmartGPS screen should state that it is in USB mode.
4. In the upper left hand corner you will see an "Updates" tab select that tab. (If the "Updates" tab is not selectable, then no updates are available.)
5. A page with available updates is displayed. (NOTE: If there are updates to the Browser Plug-In, those should be done first.)
6. Click the "Download" button. (If more than one update is available, select the top update in the list. The additional updates will be done automatically in the order required.)
7. Once the update begins, you will be able to view the download progress via the progress bar. Do not unplug the SmartGPS from the computer, turn off your computer, or refresh the web page while the update is being performed.
8. When the upgrade is complete, SmartGPS Eco will prompt you to disconnect your device from the computer. Disconnect the SmartGPS from you computer. The SmartGPS will reset automatically. Do not attempt the restart the SmartGPS, allow it to reset automatically.