Customers who purchase a new or refurbished Magellan RoadMate® or Magellan Maestro™ vehicle navigation device are covered by Magellan's 60-Day Map Guarantee*. Customers can update the device's preloaded map free of charge if Magellan releases or makes available a map update within 60 days from the original date of purchase.
*Terms and Conditions
● $20.00 shipping, handling, and material charge may apply.
● Product registration is required.
● Valid proof-of-purchase required.
● Devices purchased from auction sites are not eligible.
● Map Guarantee is only available within 60-Days of purchase.
Steps to determine if your Magellan RoadMate® or Magellan Maestro™ vehicle navigation device is eligible for a free map update:
1. Determine if your device is compatible with Content Manager. Go to Magellan's Content Manager page (Click here for Windows, Click here for Mac) to click on Compatible units tab. If your GPS device is compatible with Content Manager you will not have to contact Magellan Customer Support**. Download and install Content Manager. Content Manager will determine if your device is eligible for a free map update and if there is a map update available for your device.
2. If your device is not compatible with Content Manager go to Magellan's Vehicle Navigation map page. If a map update is available for your device please contact Magellan Customer Service at 1 800 707-9971. Prior to calling please have proof of purchase ready to FAX or e-mail to validate eligibility.
** Not all vehicle navigation devices compatible with Content Manager will recognize Magellan's 60-day Map Guarantee eligibility. In the event your vehicle navigation device is compatible with Content Manager and you meet Magellan's 60-day Map Guarantee terms and conditions please contact Magellan Customer Support at 1 800 707-9971. Prior to calling please have proof of purchase ready to FAX or e-mail to validate eligibility.